segunda-feira, 19 de outubro de 2015

#Day 50: meet the "I'll let it for tomorrow", the mother of the failure

     It's been a month since I wrote my last post here. Ever since it, I've been over-struggling to just sit down and write a new one. And all of that is completely ruining my plans, because my initial goal for the 60-Day Challenge included a series of posts for every 10 days of project. It was an easy-to-achieve measurable goal that was supposed to be overcome  with no struggle.
     But then, somehow I ended up failing, and the reason is simple and predictable. My fail was triggered by the first "I'll let it for tomorrow" that I said to myself. It was on the 20th day of the 60-Day Challenge. That day I was supposed to write something down about my results, which were quite well by the way. And then it came the tragic moment when I decided that I was too busy to write a blog post that day and for that reason I let it for the next day. Huge mistake. Skipping one single time is enough to ruin everything.
     This kind of mistake is very common to people that are trying to start a new routine, but I thought I wouldn't fall into that trap. The first time that our lazy brains notice that we can avoid doing something, they will learn that we can avoid it always. That is why skipping is so dangerous.

     But now, I want to put this subject away for a minute and focus on the results themselves. And they are also not so good. I'm listening to Japanese as much as I can, but I am not really putting the effort into it. The cause? My trip to Japan is near, really near. So I am spending most of my free time planning everything that isn't ready yet. During this trip, I plan to exercise my Japanese a lot, so it will  be worth.
     From now on, during the last 10 days of the Challenge, I'll try to do my best and focus on oral comprehension, the most needed for someone visiting different cities around the country. So I hope to get success now, which I think I can achieve if I avoid letting things for my "future self" to deal with.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário